If you intend to acquire a bodhi tree, please refer to "Saplings of the Bodhi Tree
" to acquire it from those who are giving them away for free. However, please be careful of the "Transportation and Inspection
" issues across countries.
If you are in Taiwan and want to personally acquire a free bodhi tree, you may fill in the application form for bodhi tree
. As there is limited number of reproduced bodhi trees, we will try to given them away by order based on your reply of the survey form.
The following is the tree view of the bodhi trees that this web site helped distribute:
- 500 BC. Mahabodhi Temple, Bodhigaya, India (original tree)
- 300 BC. Sri Maha Bodhi, Sri Lanka
- 1870 Mahabodhi Temple, Bodhigaya, India
- 1954 Botanical Garden of the Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing, China
- 1989 Mr. Mao-Sen Li, Guandong, China
- 2008/2 Bodhi Park (Hank), Tainan, Taiwan
- 2008/2 Temple in Taipei Province (transferred by David), Taipei, Taiwan
- 2008/7 David, Taipei, Taiwan
- 1989 Hsuan-Chuang University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
- 2008/3 Bachida experimenting cuttage, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Latest update: The earliest time to have bodhi trees for sharing in Taiwan is fall 2008. In China, Mr. Mao-Sen Li
has reproduced many bodhi trees to give away for free anytime. In Japan, Indian Bodhi Tree Cultivation Society
(in Japanese) also give away bodhi trees locally. In Canada, Mr. Steven Thair
is giving away bodhi trees grew from seeds of the bodhi tree.